Old April 25th 06, 02:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
LWG

Default Outloot wont send or receive email

I though I had this fixed. I removed OFFICE (oh yea!) and reinstalled
it and everything worked until I booted tonight after work. I did not
install SP2. However, when I click on help/about it indicates SP2. So,
I need to remove it somehow, that is what started this mess in the
first place. So even though I have removed office SP2 is still hanging
around. It is really wierd, using the pfirewall.log I cannot see email
requests going out in its broken state. However, when it is working I
can watch them go out. It is like outlook just wont make the request
to contact the email server.

thx for the reply, I appreciate it...

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:52:38 -0700, "Don Cossitt"
wrote:

Are you using Norton? Norton is a pain in the ass with MS products. I had
this very problem with 2005 only I had to re-load Norton all the time. I
vaguely remember what I did to fix it. I am at the office now - when I get
home I will review my notes and get back to you. It does have to do with a
setting in the firewall (Norton Internet Security).

doco

"LWG" wrote in message
.. .
the fix for me was to remove office and reinstall. a pain but i needed
my mail. i guess i will not do any service packs for a while... Or
maybe more research on my part before i do. thx for your quick reply.

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:59:20 -0400, LWG
wrote:

After I applied SP2 outlook wont send or receive email. I check my
firewall and it doesnt appeart to be going out at all. I have verified
that outlook express works with the same email account information
etc.. Has anyone seen this? I get the 0x80042108 error when sending.
It says Outlook is unable to connecg to your incoming (POP3)
email-server.

you help is appreciated...