Old April 21st 17, 06:59 PM
icmeler2000 icmeler2000 is offline
Junior Member

roricka.

Are you still interested in a suggested answer to your problem? I believe I have a suggestion/answer that no-one had suggested thus far. I realise time has moved on and what I would be suggesting is certainly usable in the WLM I'm currently using NOW in 2017 i.e. Version 2012 (Build 16.4.3528.0331) and might not have been available when you posted your problem, but hey you'd want to do it now anyway, right?

If you're interested in my two-penny-worth, then please reply.

icmeler2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roricka View Post
Ron,

When I find an email, it is usually stored somewhere that made sense to me when I did it, but it may have been a long time ago. I might want to see why I put it there, and what else is there -- in fact that may be the very reason I searched for the email in the first place. So when I find it, I would like to open the folder in the tree, to see its context.

I guess it's just me, but I get annoyed when I ask "how" to do something, and the answer comes back either a) you don't REALLY want to do that -- here's something that you surely would RATHER do [because that's what I like to do, so everyone must be like me], or b) WHY would you ever want to do something like that???

Now, in fairness to you, you not only answered with b) but you also gave the REAL answer (i.e., "you can't"). Thank you for that. But are you sure? Isn't it odd that OE lets you build deep trees, but never lets you see the drilled-down path??

Anyway, please -- no offense. Happy New Year! and thank you again.

Roricka