Old February 15th 14, 09:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
BillW50

Default Using a gmail account with Outlook Express

In ,
mtouhig typed:
Hi all - I am having trouble creating an account with Outlook
Express. I can access my mail through other apps and from gmail
website okay though. Can anyone walk me through set up please
regarding IMAP, POP3 etc? Thank you.:-)

Gmail OE6 Settings

Servers (tab)
Incoming mail (IMAP): imap.gmail.com
Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com

Incoming Mail Server
Account name: (user name only, no @gmail.com)
Password: (your password)
Remember password (checked)
Log on using Secure Password Authentication (unchecked)

Outgoing Mail Server
Outgoing server requires authentication (checked)

Advanced (tab)
Outgoing mail (SMTP): 25
The server requires a secure connection (SSL) - checked
Incoming mail (IMAP): 993
This server requires a secure connection (SSL) - checked

IMAP (tab)
Everything blank and unchecked

Say I remember vaguely somewhere accessing your account through the web.
There is somewhere to tell gmail you are also going to use email program
to access your email. If you don't do this, OE6 or another program will
never work. As gmail will reject all requests.

--
Bill
Centrino Core2 Duo T5600 1.83GHz - 4GB - Windows XP SP2