Old November 9th 13, 03:41 PM
carver carver is offline
Junior Member

Default Outlook/Hotmail will not send one 7MB email attachment

My hotmail program was automatically changed to Outlook a few months ago. It has been working okay. I could not get online recently because after running an anti-malware program, I got the message that Hotmail (my homepage) was not setup to connect to the internet. A technician from Brighthouse came yesterday and "re-set" the computer. I do not know what he did, but I could go online after that and send attachments. However, when I tried to send a 7MB avi attachment Hotmail either did nothing or seemed to go through the motions but never actually accepted the email. I converted the .avi file to .wmv but got the same reults. After many, many tries I took the same attachment to my wife's laptop and used my Hotmail there to send the same attachment. It went well. Both of our computers have Window7 64-bit and use Internet Explorer.

Since Hotmai on my wife's laptop l sends the same attachment that Hotmail on my computer, there must be a problem with Hotmail on my computer. I contacted Brighthouse about this but they say that they do not work on "Hotmail," I need to contact Microsoft for that. Any suggestions?