Old October 25th 13, 03:57 AM
GraveyDice GraveyDice is offline
Junior Member

Default Outlook Signatures - Different in Meeting Request to Email

I have a weird situation with Outlook 2003 on XP.

I have created a tool that allows users in my organisation to create a standard signature file. It does this by opening a template, replacing the tags with the user's details (extracted from AD) and then saving the signature file in the default location.

This works really well for emails.

I have found that if someone uses this tool they create their signatures reliably for emails, but if they insert a "new" signature into a Meeting Request, they get someone else's details. And always the same someone.

Inserting a "Reply" signature does not have the same problem.

The name that appears is not in any file in the default signature file location.

Any ideas?