Old September 27th 13, 07:28 PM
Jerry.G Jerry.G is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Taylor View Post
Why is it that in every thread I read about this very basic feature, the 'experts' all question why you can't just either 'tentatively accept' and faff around sending the meeting organiser a coded message saying 'Actually, I'm really not coming' or do some kind of jiggory pokery with other Outlook calendars, etc?

I simply want to let the meeting organiser know that I cannot attend, but keep the meeting in the calendar to remind me it's happening. e.g. I'm on annual leave for a week, but there's a team meeting that I want to remember is happening, so that someone can represent some views for me.

All it needs is an option for 'Keep declined appointments in Calendar'. Why is it so difficult for Microsoft to understand their customers' needs?
You are ABSOLUTELY correct in your observation, Andrew. There are multiple threads out there expressing the same concerns about the scripted response from Microsoft representatives. Then when someone gives the "MVPs" iron clad reasons that their solution is inferior, they go away (note they never answered you). Either that or they pull out the Best Practices statement.

I love the one about keeping a second calendar. So the organizer will still have to guess as to whether the individual is coming or not (but hey, you have this fabulous solution of multiple calendars to satisfy your every need).

I'm sure in the MVP's sterile world they just decline meetings right and left -- after all, they are too "Valuable" to be bothered with real world scenarios!