Old February 28th 12, 04:54 PM
James Ryan James Ryan is offline
Junior Member

Yes, Brian, you have to invite someone to the meeting and then after that if you try to change it it will no longer give you the option to "Save but don't update". This feature was useful when you knew you were going to have to move a meeting but you wanted to confirm with everyone else before you actually sent out the change.

It was also useful, as another poster pointed, if you want to put in notes to yourself without having everyone else on the invite list able to see your notes.

And, actually, no matter how I input the meeting, I no longer see the choice of "Save but don't update" so I don't know how you are doing it. This is a real flaw in this program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Feb 22, 2:00*pm, "Brian Tillman" wrote:
Dave Benton wrote:
I'm with Shawn.

Sean (not Shawn).

Why did it work for me when I tried it, if the feature is no longer there?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I don't know why, but I'm experiencing the same issue. Maybe you
aren't using the same steps to reproduce?

In the most recent example where I've seen this, the meeting was
recurring

The dialog that pops up says "
The time of the meeting has changed. Choose one of the following:
* Save changes and send update
* Don't save but keep the meeting open
"

To resolve, I created a second meeting at the correct time, and I
ignore the one that Outlook will not let me change.

This is either a bug or a horrible design choice