Old February 27th 12, 05:47 AM
marshal_hubs marshal_hubs is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebeaches View Post
Hello

I own a nonprofit that rebuilds computers for children. Our email is vital to us!!!

I was recently (yesterday) moving our email domain to another hosting company and changing pop/smtp settings

After do so, I can no logger access my email settings in Outlook 2003

I’m running XP Pro

Here’s what I can’t do and what happens…or shall I say DOESN’T HAPPEN!

Can’t create a new email. ERROR: The messaging interface had returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook

Can’t access email accounts under tools. ERROR: The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persist, please reinstall

Also, when I click on send receive. NOTHING! When I click on import/export! NOTHING!

Any help world be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven
Hi Steven,

It seems to me that you are facing two types of error like “ERROR: The messaging interface had returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook” or “ERROR: The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall”

I think you are in wrong impression because these errors not occur due to moving your email one domain to another hosting company. Let me give you a brief idea about it.
First ERROR: “The messaging interface had returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook” occur may be due to the built-in .pst size limit. You can solve this problem by "Allow upgrade to large tables". To solve your problem you can take help of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283175/en-us

Second ERROR: 'The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again” can occur if your e-mail profile is damaged. To resolve this behavior, create a new e-mail profile. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287072 I am sure you will overcome this problem.