Old December 29th 11, 06:37 PM
roricka roricka is offline
Junior Member

Ron,

When I find an email, it is usually stored somewhere that made sense to me when I did it, but it may have been a long time ago. I might want to see why I put it there, and what else is there -- in fact that may be the very reason I searched for the email in the first place. So when I find it, I would like to open the folder in the tree, to see its context.

I guess it's just me, but I get annoyed when I ask "how" to do something, and the answer comes back either a) you don't REALLY want to do that -- here's something that you surely would RATHER do [because that's what I like to do, so everyone must be like me], or b) WHY would you ever want to do something like that???

Now, in fairness to you, you not only answered with b) but you also gave the REAL answer (i.e., "you can't"). Thank you for that. But are you sure? Isn't it odd that OE lets you build deep trees, but never lets you see the drilled-down path??

Anyway, please -- no offense. Happy New Year! and thank you again.

Roricka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Sommer View Post
Including the full path in the folder name will create the problem of
displaying the names in the folder list.

I am trying to figure out why you would need to know what the full path is.
You can open, copy to another folder,or move to another folder by right
clicking on the message.
The only thing that you can't do is open the folder to view all of the
messages in that folder.

You are correct. There is no way to find the path.
--
Ron Sommer

"roricka" wrote in message ...

snipped
Look, if OE has a weakness, that you can't find folder paths, then sure,
each folder should include its path in its name. Is this the case?

Thank you for the suggestion about marking unread. I have dozens of
folders containing unread mail so it doesn't help, I'm afraid, but it is
a good idea. However, in answer to my original question, I am assuming
that your answer is "there is no way to do that" -- i.e., there is no
way to obtain the path to the found parent folder. Or more specifically,
there is no way to find the path of a given stored email. Is that
correct?

snipped