Old September 15th 09, 07:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

Default news link in OE6 won't work with x-usc: prefix

"Gene3" wrote in message
The news link displays normally in OE6:
Looking at its source code, that is exactly how it appears in the source
code as well, no extra characters or prefix. However the link is dead when
clicked, it goes nowhere. The reason is that apparently a x-usc: prefix
appears out of the blue for unknown reasons, so when hovering the mouse
over
the link it appears in the OE6 status bar as follows:
x-usc:news://newsserver/newsgroup
Where does the mysterious x-usc: prefix come from, why, and how can it be
fixed?

Yes, it is I, again. Windows Mail on Windows Vista; SP2. When I hover over
your link, the status bar does not show the 'x-usc:' address type.

Here is the result of a "copy shortcut":

Exactly as you posted it.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come