Old September 7th 09, 09:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jan Smit

Default MSOE.DLL help needed

Jan Smit wrote:
Please help. OE6 doesn't start because "msoe.dll" isn't found.
It is there and all dbx are archive-not-read-only and I tried everything
visable on usenet, including installation of Internet Explorer 7. Hoped
that
the last action would install e new OE-6 or OE-7.

Any solution?
I work on a PC XP-SP3
Please...

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" schreef in bericht
Start he http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#crash

General OE Caveats:

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working
offline". More at http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm

- Do not cancel Automatic Compacting, should it occur, and do not attempt
to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic
Compacting is taking place.

- Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It can cause
corruption (i.e., loss of messages) and provides no additional protection:

http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

So sorry, these are not helpfull, besides the given link by ©2000-2005 Tom
Koch , wich I tried some days ago, refer to Bruces message.