Old April 14th 06, 11:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

Default Filter on address in BCC list

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:15:03 +0200, Han wrote:

"Bruce Hagen" schreef in bericht

"Han" wrote in message

Hi there,
Does anybody know how I can use a filter that checks whether my mail
address or my alias was used in the bcc of the mesage?
Thanx,
Han

You can filter to block BCC mail, but to check if you received mail that
was sent to you via BCC, if your Name/Address is not in the To or CC
field, then it was.

Right, that tells me that either my address or my alias was in the bcc
field.
But I need to know which one it is. Because I want leave on the server mail
that was destined to my alias. And in a second identity leave the mail for
the primary address there.
I do this already for messages addressed via the To and CC fields, but up
till now I haven't found out how to handle messages with my addresses in the
BCC field.

Unless your email service provider indicates the 'RCPT TO' email address
in one of the header lines, you can't know which email address was used
in a Bcc: field. Unfortunately, MS Outlook Express can't examine any
headers lines other than "To:", "Cc:", "From:", or "Subject:", so there
would be no way to filter on the email address, even if your provider
added it.

Some examples of providers which reveal the 'RCPT TO' email address, and
the header lines they use:

GMail: Delivered-To:

GMX Mail: Delivered-To: GMX delivery to

Yahoo! Mail: X-Apparently-To: via 66.218.79.24; 30
Mar 2003 21:14:56 -0800 (PST)

There are others; only you can find out if your provider is among them.
Also, because MSOE can't examine those header lines for rules, you
_will_ need another mail client to be able to do that.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come