Old April 30th 09, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Default Why OE does not use my specified fonts?

You're posting in Plain Text so what you see when you're composing has no effect on what others (or you) see when you're reading the post.

Now, if you posted in RichText (HTML), your posts would look like this one (if read in OE).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

WhatsUp31415 wrote:
When I do Reply Group, OE seems to ignore my font selection.

How can I coerce OE to use my font selection?

My intent is to always use a non-proportional font, specifically Courier
New.

That works fine when I compose a new message.

But when I do Reply Group, I get a proportional font, presumably Arial.

This is true whether or not I select the Send option "Include message in
reply".

I have the following settings:

1. Read Fonts Fonts:

Western European
Proportion font: Courier New
Fixed-width font: Courier New
Font size: Medium
Encoding: Western European (Windows)
Default encoding: Western European
Pressed Set as Default

2. Send:

Uncheck "Reply to messags using the format in which they were sent"

3. Send Mail Sending Format
Send News Sendind Format:

Select Plain Text
Setting:
MIME with Encode: None
(Also tried Uuencode)

4. Compose:

Mail: 10pt Courier New
News: 10pt Courier New

I am using MS Win XP Pro 2002 SP3 with OE6 revision 6.00.2900.5512 (xpsp
080413-2105) with all patches through the end of March.