Old March 19th 09, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
NormanM

Default Unable to Send or Receive email

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 06:46:01 -0700, thesteves wrote:

"ATT new web site with Yahoo" wrote:

Since ATT switch to Yahoo base webmail. I am unable to send or receive email
using Outlook or Outlook Express. My original account was with Bellsouth. The
POP3 and SMTP has change to att.yahoo.com, and I continuously receive error
messages.
Has anyone encounter any Outlook-email problems with ATT Yahoo new web mail.

I have had a similar problem. I have spend 1.5 hours on the phone with geek
squad support, 1.5 hours with att and have done everything listed on the
website. I can go in and reset all the info in settings and be able to
send/receive once but not again. Geek Squad says it is an att issue. Att says
it is a virus protection issue. Whoever made the decision at att to switch to
att.yahoo created a very unfriendly user experience even just going through
webmail.

Most people aren't having trouble with the Yahoo! Mail service. Some people
with some versions of MS Outlook (2002 and 2003, I believe), and some people
using Mozilla Thunderbird have encountered issues with personal security
certificates, and some using Windows Live OneCare have encountered problems.

You might find one of the following online help groups useful:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,am
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,bels
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,snet
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,swbell
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,pcb

Note that the links are by AT&T region, and the states covered are listed
near the tops of the respective states.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come