Old October 20th 11, 12:26 PM
doushka doushka is offline
Junior Member

Angry Choose Profile dialogu box

First time here folks hope you can help on this.

I have seen this problem very well documented on the net but have not found a solution yet.

I have Office 2010 on W7 64bit and recently have been asked to choose a profile via the dialog box. Even when choosing Outlook as the default profile the dialog keeps popping up. It usually pops up when I open Outlook but sometimes even when Outlook is already open. Outlook is supposed to link in with GMail and calendar which I use to access mail etc on my mobile. This side of things appears to be working ok.

I have enabled the setting in Outlook to always use the default profile "Outlook" but up it pops again.

I have run repair, reinstalled Office still it appears. It is worth noting that this has only appeared in the last three months. During this time I have reinstalled W7 but I don't think this is the reason as it was a default recovery by the machine not via a disk.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO STOP THE DIALOG APPEARING OR SUGGEST SOME REASONS WHICH I CAN INVESTIGATE

Just a thought - in Outlook I am connected to GMail and can see any mail in this account but shouldn't the profile name be the same as the one in GMail i.e. email address in GMail should be the same as a profile in Outlook.

HELP HELP HELP