Old June 27th 10, 12:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

Default Find Message doesn't tell me folder path

I hope you have a good backup.

Ever folder (and subfolder) in OE is stored as a separate dbx file.
Folders.dbx keeps your folder tree information. If folders.dbx would ever
become corrupted, you would lose your folders showing as subfolders.
Each dbx file has a distinct name. A number in parentheses is added to the
folder name when more than one folder has the same name. You should do the
same, so you do not have folders with the same name.

I don't have my machine with OE on at the moment, so I can't test this. (It
works in WLM.)
Right click on your found message and mark as unread. If you have
automatically expand folders with unread messages checked, the folder will
expand and have a (1) behind the folder name.
--
Ron Sommer
MVP - Windows Live Mail

"roricka" wrote in message ...

Indeed PA Bear, it tells me the name of the sub FOLDER. But my question
is, what is the PATH to that folder? Let's say it's 3 subfolders deep,
and I gave it an obscure name. Or let's say I have several subfolders
(under different parent folders) with the same name. Simply having the
name of the subfolder doesn't give me enough info to find the email (or,
more importantly, OTHER emails that may be in that same subfolder.) You
dig?? How do I figure that out, without having to expand every folder
and look down every path?

'PA Bear [MS MVP Wrote:
;350242']If the "Include subfolders" option is checked, the subfolder
name should be
displayed in the Results.

roricka wrote:-
When I use Find Message (Ctrl-Shift-F), the resulting list only says
the
folder name of the mail. If I've created subfolders, it doesn't tell
me
how to find that folder, i.e., the "path" to the folder. Is there a
way
to do this. I have a fairly deep structure, and sometimes I have to
spend a lot of time finding the location of a found email.

How do other people handle this problem?

Thanks. -

--
roricka