Old April 12th 06, 09:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Default Can't Import/Export AddressBook??? Grayed out options.

Do you have this Registry key?...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
\Software
\Microsoft
\WAB
\WAB4

If not, STOP; If so, is there a DWORD named UseOutlook (NB: no space) and is
its value set to 1 (one)?

If not, STOP; If so, Address Book is configured to share contacts with
Outlook, even if you don't use it (can happen with the install of Office).
Change the value to 0 (zero), Address Book should be available to you and
all should be well. (If that DWORD is not present, don't create it, and
don't alter any other DWORD values.)

Note that any changes (additions, deletions, edits) made while sharing was
enabled will not be available (displayed) in Address Book when sharing is
disabled.

cf. http://www.insideoe.com/files/wab.htm#share
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=191946
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

"Thomas G. Marshall"
. com wrote in message

When I go to export my address book from either Outlook2000 or OE6, both
the options "import" and "export" are grayed out.

I don't understand this. Is there an option that needs to be turned on?

Thanks in advance!!!

--
"I don't want FOP, God dammit! I'm a DAPPER DAN MAN!"