Old April 12th 06, 07:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Default Can't Import/Export AddressBook??? Grayed out options.

And... http://www.insideoe.com/files/wab.htm#share

--
Vincenzo Di Russo
Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP] wrote:
Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP] said something like:
"Thomas G. Marshall" wrote:

When I go to export my address book from either Outlook2000 or OE6, both
the
options "import" and "export" are grayed out.

I don't understand this. Is there an option that needs to be turned on?

Thanks in advance!!!

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268579
"OLEXP: Import and Export Menu Items Are Unavailable in the Address
Book". http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268578
"OL2000: (IMO) Import and Export Menu Items Are Unavailable in the
Address Book".

Thanks:

1. The OLEXP resolution report lists

.Microsoft Outlook Express 5.01 Service Pack 2
.Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0
.Microsoft Outlook Express 5.01 Service Pack 1
.Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0
.Microsoft Outlook Express 5.01
.Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0
.Microsoft Outlook Express 5.01 Service Pack 2

...mine is version 6. Was this "fixed" in version 6?

No.

2. The OL2000 is appropriate. If I do configure the wab to not share
contact information, does this mean that I cannot add to it from, say,
OE,
and see the results in OL, and vice versa?

Yes.

See also:

http://groups.google.it/group/micros...+questo+gruppo
Short link: http://snipurl.com/p3h2