Old March 20th 10, 10:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)[_704_]

Default Outlook Group incoming email assignment via rotation

I suggest using a human to do it. Give them access to the Mailbox and have
them forward emails according to your corporate process. They can Categorise
each email so it's obvious who was allocated each. They can check calendars
to see who is in the office.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

in Canberra, Australia

..

"jpeden" jpeden.47xiey@invalid wrote in message

I need to define a group such that:

- Emails coming into the group email address (I don't know if this
should be a distribution list or something else) can be forwarded to a
single member of the group.
- Assignment of the email to a group member will be via round-robin
rotation through the group.
- Round-robin mechanism must be able to recognize when a group member
is marked as out of office and assign the incoming email to the next
group member.

I have no idea if this is possible, though I'm assuming that it would
need to be servers-side (Exchange) rather than client-side. Which may
mean I need to move it to a different forum. Please advise.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping that this need has come up before and
a solution already exists. It's a pretty common requirement for a sales
group where you need to be able to provide sales leads with one common
email address for point of contact, and then assign the incoming emails
from those leads to sales reps on a fair and equial basis.

Thanks in advance.

--
jpeden
http://forums.slipstick.com