Old March 17th 10, 01:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
DLGolfs

Default Macro to Run Rules

I have OUtlook 2007, I know nothing about VBA and would appreciate it if you
would write a macro that would run a rule. I have the rule set up to run
first, but it does not run, I have to run it automatically, I don't know why
it does not run, all the other rules run. They are all set to run from the
INbox, this one is set up to run in the junk file.

I get 3000 spam a day, I set up a rule that, depending on a specific word in
the subject line, it will delete the message when the rule is run. I can run
it manually but it is a pain. I want to put a button on my toolbar to run the
rule with one click.
I was thinking of a macro but maybe there is another way?

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

You haven't found anything, because that's not possible. Outlook 2007 is the
first version that provides a method to run rules programmatically.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart

"ausfilminstitute" wrote:

Hi There,

We use Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003.

I want to create a macro where a set of Rules are run. They need to be run
on a number of mailboxes. The user has two mailboxes "RSVP" and "Ticketing"
which are secondary to their primary mailbox "Event Assistant". There are 6
rules each for "RSVP" and "Ticketing". I have set the rules up, however when
I want to run each one, I have to select the folder to run it in for each
rule, which is always defaulted to the Inbox. This takes time, and I'd love
to create a macro that does it all in one go.

I haven't been able to find any code to write a macro which gives the
conditions for running rules, can someone please provide some guidance on
this.

Thanks!
Jane