Old April 10th 06, 03:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Sean

Default lost outlook express

be back in a week got to go to work, truck driver, lol
--
dazed and confused

"sean" wrote:

not in start menu, desktop,add remove programs, cant find anywhere... when i
did have it , it gave me a 2 error messages, something about memory missing
( but i have 160gbs) and something about a file did not initiate correctly ,
but anywho , when i removed a program it took it with it , cant tell ya what
the program was.
--
dazed and confused

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Can you elaborate on how exactly it is missing? OE is an integral part of
IE, so if IE is functional, this raises more questions. I could give you a
site to download IE6, but it will tell you that a newer version is already
installed if it is working now.

Is Outlook Express an option in Start | Programs? If so, what exactly
happens if you try to open it?
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"sean" wrote in message
it is checked ,removed sp2, repaired xp totally using the "R option",took
about 45 min approx. restarted windows and still noithing. it took me
through
the registering computer windows also.... figuring i lost everything but
didn't wipe anything out WHEW! but to no avail still no outlook express
--
dazed and confused

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

If you haven't rebooted since removing the program, do that first.

Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Add/Remove Windows Components. Make
sure Outlook Express is checked.

If it is:

How to Reinstall or Repair IE6 and OE6:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

Although written for WinXP, it works for all Windows operating systems 98
or
newer.

If you are using WinXP/SP2, and it was not already on your computer from
the
factory, you will have to remove SP2 first.

How to remove SP2:

This does not erase any mail or data. If you want ease of mind, follow
the
path in Documents and Settings to the OE folder. Right click on it and
Send
To a CD, but I have never seen anyone lose mail doing the Reinstall.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"sean" wrote in message
i recently downloaded a program then uninstalled it and it took a lot of
files out including outlook express program , is there a place where i
can
download outlook express 6.0? , or is it still on my computer? been
reading
posts and try'd a few options but nothing seems to recover program,and
do
not want to lose programs already installed.
I do have the outlook express backup utility wizard but no OE to back
up
to.... PLEASE HELP ITS MY LIFE LINE !!!
operating system : xp - E machine -2005
--