Old November 24th 09, 10:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Default Cannot create new email for live,hotmail accounts

"BlackSheep" wrote in message

I just upgraded to Windows 7 and looks like the greatest learning curve is
going to be Outlook (have 2007). I had been using WLMail, but it is so
limited per rules and more. So I want to use my outlook to reduce the spam
(if can use the features on the hotmail accounts) and get back my more
robust
rules.

In general, rules 1) don't work well or at all for Hotmail accounts and 2)
don't work well for reducing spam.

Outlooks shows all live accounts, have the connector (BTW - is a pain to key
in password EVERY time you log in for these live mail services). I can
email
ok using my pop accounts, but one live account I really use the most is one
that goes with my website (hosted by MSOSB). I tried to send an email from
this account last night and the message header info filled in fine. But the
message body was DOA. I thought my keyboard fried, but tried a POP account
and it worked. NONE of the live, hotmail services in Outlook are allowing
ANY characters to be typed into the message body. It is not like I had the
colors all confused (no white font on white background). I tried it first
by
HTML, then straight text. But You hit a key and nothing happens.
NOTHING-like your keyboard took a vacation is best way to describe it. I am
not too happy about this - I wanted to use JUST one email program and wtih
my
Norton, it just works better against spam and rules actually work under
Outlook. WLMail is a rare occassion I have a rule work on the pop accounts.
Mail filters for the live accounts can only go so far. I lot of info for
just one question, but the behavior was so strange, I had to give background
history. There are other issues (can't find accounts and such), but I will
peruse the KB furhter for an answer. But any search I tried on this trying
to write a live account email in Outlook 2007 (with OS of Windows 7) found
nothing. Sorry if redundant.

Have you tried a new mail profile?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]