Old April 6th 06, 08:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Default Public Folder Calendars - Viewing Tentative Messages

So, when a user double-clicks an appointment in this calendar folder in the Public Folders hierarchy, the user gets a copy of the appointment on their own mailbox Calendar folder?

How were these appointments created? Directly in the folder or by inviting the public folder to a meeting?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Guy" wrote in message ...
In answer to Sue, we are using Outlook 2003 Professional 11.8002.6408 SP1,
and again the users have author rights to the public folder. The symptoms are
the same as decribed by אסף.

"אסף" wrote:

Outlook version 2003 standard 11.8002.6568 SP2
the users of the public folder (calender) are difened as authers of the
folder.
when double clicking on an event/meeting in the public folder, they find it
in their own calender, even though they just wanted to view the details of
the meeting, and they were not invited to it.

We have the same problem with a public calendar folder of a meeting room. I
was told to check if the users who get the copy of the meeting are set as
authers or editors of the folder, but that didn't fix the problem.
It happens randomly.