Old October 1st 09, 01:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

Default MSOE.DLL help needed

"Jan Smit" wrote in message
abel.net...

"Steve Cochran" schreef in bericht
Just delete folders.dbx.

steve

Forget it, that works only if one ore more dbases are corrupt.
As I wrote, I needed to re-install OE. So first I installed IE-7 and hoped
OE-6 was also replaced. No luck
My solution at last:
Uninstalled OE and IE from Configuration (Windows setup)
Deleted the complete OE-folder within Program Files (in safe mode). Than
erased manually every folder about IE or OE.
Re-installed XP-SP1 from Disk, with the sugestion "use only files from
CD" and that did the trick. So now SP-2, Windows update, SP3, Windows
update and it seems to work.
OE does, at least.

Thank you for helping, altough all remarks are about corrupt d-base files
and this was not the problem.

Regards