Old September 22nd 09, 07:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

Default news link in OE6 won't work with x-usc: prefix

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 06:23:05 -0500, Gene3 wrote:

Ooops...
Nope, it went to your @msnews.aosake.net address, which is what shows in
your message headers here.

This is what will happen when Google mail tries:

| 09/22/09 11:45:29 dns msnews.aosake.net
| Canonical name: msnews.aosake.net
| Addresses:
| 127.0.0.1

That address which you see is intended as a spam foil.

I don't have a ' address for you,
so you'll have to clarify then I'll resend.

I've configured a working email address in the "Reply-To:" field of my
posting client. If you just use your client "Reply" button, and do not
modify the resulting email address in any way, shape, or form, it should
work. See my response to your later post, with the log entry of my test.

P.S. If the spammers pick this up, I'll just have to change it. No big deal
for me. But it is designed so that using the "Reply" button will do the job.
It seems to work nicely for posters who manage to inadvertently hit the
"Reply" button instead of the "Reply to Group" button.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come