Old September 15th 09, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Slider76

Default How do I add +1 to all my contact numbers?

So you are saying that if I go in through Control Panel and edit my dialing
rules, it will automatically place a +1 in front of all my phone, fax and
cell numbers?

Or is this something that needs to be done before you start populating the
contacts database?

Thank you.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

The problem is not the format of your phone numbers. It is with your dialing
rules.
Not an Outlook issue.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Slider76" wrote in message
I have seen posts where people want to remove the +1 in the phone number
but
not add it. It is difficult to give a history of how my contact phone
numbers
ended up without the +1 as I have used many versions of Outlook and many
third party CRM's in the past. I am currently using Office 2007 with
Outlook
and have about 2,000 contacts with phone, fax and cell numbers for each.
About .05% of these are local calls so every time I make a call from my
cell,
I have to wait for the message that says, "please dial a ! before your
number.....".

Is there a way to edit the phone, fax and cell phone field for all
contacts
at the same time?

If I recall correctly, ACT had a "global edit" command that made this type
of batch editing very easy. Although, I also seem to remember finding a
way
to edit the name or address of a group of contacts in Outlook at the same
time but there were at least ten times as many steps to accomplish the
same
thing.