Old September 13th 09, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
paul

Default Drag and drop link stopped working

I made the changes as you said in 1a and checked as in 1b. I read the
information you asked in 2a, 2b, and 2c. However, those information do not
seem to apply to my situation. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough in my
original post - I am able to open links from OE6 emails in IE7 when I click
on the links. The links open in new IE7 windows sometimes and sometimes in
the exisitng tab of the IE7 window, but it rarely opens in a new tab in the
existing IE7 window - something that I desire. If there is a fix to this that
will always open the link in a new tab in the existing IE7 window, please let
me know.

But, the problem that I reported is different. Before this problem occured,
I was able to drag a link from the OE6 window and drop it in the IE7 window
to open the webpage in the existing tab of the IE window. But now when I try
to drag a link from a OE6 email, the dragging just does not work.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

1a. Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program
Access and Defaults | Click on the downward-pointing arrows to the right of
the configuration that's already checked | Browser: Select "Internet
Explorer" here (not "Use my current...").

Illustration: http://www.winsupersite.com/images/r...p1_beta_03.gif

1b. Now check your settings he IE Tools | Internet Options | Programs |
Default web browser.

If no joy, see:

2a. http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx

2b. Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express after you upgrade to IE7
[and/or IE8]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929867

2c. Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823301

Paul wrote:
I used to drag and drop links from OE6 messages to IE7 window to open the
webapges. It suddenly stopped working. I checked in the IE7's Internet
Options Security Internet Zone Custom Level Security Settings
Drag
and drop or copy and paste files is enabled. It is also enabled in the
Local
Intranet zone. How do I get it back? Thanks!
Windows XP SP3