Old September 13th 09, 05:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Default Drag and drop link stopped working

In Outlook Express in Windows XP SP2+ or Windows 2003 SP1, the following
features do not work when Tools, Options, Read, Read All Message In
Plain Text is selected (For a quick workaround for the current message,
press ALT+Shift+H)
- Displaying attached images at the bottom of the message window
- Visited Links changing colors (Tools, Options, Security, Block Images
.... will also prevent visited links from changing colors)
- Right click a Link and select Add to Favorites, Copy Shortcut or Save
Target As
- Dragging a Link from the message to IE or another program
=============
- Unscramble (ROT13)
- View, Text Size (however, holding down Ctrl while using mouse scroll
wheel still works)
- Print Selection to print only the highlighted part of a message
- Edit, Find, Text in this Message (the message must also be open in
its own window to use this option)
- Using Space bar to advance to the next message when the focus is in
the Preview Pane

For security reasons, the Read All Messages in Plain Text uses the
RICHED DLL rather than MSHTML DLL. RICHED has much less functionality
than MSHTML and so is less likely to have security holes.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Paul" wrote in message
I used to drag and drop links from OE6 messages to IE7 window to open
the
webapges. It suddenly stopped working. I checked in the IE7's Internet
Options Security Internet Zone Custom Level Security Settings
Drag

and drop or copy and paste files is enabled. It is also enabled in the
Local
Intranet zone. How do I get it back? Thanks!
Windows XP SP3