Old June 30th 09, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Adam

Default Error 501

Here is a screen capture image: left- or right-clicking on the error message
was not permitted.

http://upload.pbase.com/adamstuart/i...54452/original

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to
highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"adam" wrote in message
Hi Bruce:

Wish the solution were that easy. I created a second identity but remain
with the same issue.

Adam

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Test this in a new named identity.

You may have a damaged identity especially if it is the default Main
Identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity. Create a new one and test
it.
If all is well, you can import your messages and Address Book from the
old
identity and delete it.

Note: Do not use the word Main in the name of the new identity.

How to Create and Use Identities in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209169

An Outlook Express basic repair kit:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/...epair.mspx#EHH
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"adam" wrote in message
Hi:

Running Win XP Pro and IE 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234. When
composing text in an email, I used to be able to right-click the
highlighted
font and change colors. Now I get the 501 error. I can use the toolbar
change font color, but this is new.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.