Old June 29th 09, 08:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
JBark

Default Add Multiple Attachments Sources using VBA in Word

Yes - I kept digging and I was declaring the fields as formfields but they're
really textboxes. It works now like this:

..Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.FullName, Type:=olByValue
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBoxFile1.Value,
Type:=olByValue
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBoxFile2.Value,
Type:=olByValue
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBoxFile3.Value,
Type:=olByValue
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBoxFile4.Value,
Type:=olByValue
.Send

Thanks a bunch for your help!

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

If you have already made the change I suggested -- removing the extraneous
underscore characters so that you have each Attachments.Add call in a
separate statement -- I would suggest looking at the actual value of what
you're getting from the ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile1").Result
expressions.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"JBark" wrote in message
Thanks Sue. The code runs fine without any errors and attaches the
original
doc but not the additional docs. Should I ask someone over in the Word
Forum
about this? Or do you have a suggestion as to why the additional files
will
not attach?

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote in message
This is still all one statement, because of the underscore continuation
characters at the end of the first four lines.

"JBark" wrote in message
Yes - I had tried that also like this, but I'm still getting syntax
error.

.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.FullName, Type:=olByValue, _
.Attachments.Add
Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile1").Res ult,
Type:=olByValue, _
.Attachments.Add
Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile2").Res ult,
Type:=olByValue, _
.Attachments.Add
Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile3").Res ult,
Type:=olByValue, _
.Attachments.Add
Source:=ActiveDocument.TextBox("TextBoxFile4").Res ult,
Type:=olByValue
.Send

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

You need a separate .Attachments.Add statement for each attachment, not
one
long statement with multiple calls to the .Add method.

"JBark" wrote in message
Hi,

How can this code be written to add multiple attachments using vba and
Word
as my email editor. The first attachment is the active document
itself,
the
other 4 attachments have their full path names stored in a field in
the
document. This is what I have but I'm getting a syntax error and I'm
not
sure
why. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.FullName, Type:=olByValue,
_