Old May 11th 09, 05:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default Moving to another newsserver

If you were moving to a different newsreader, (i.e. from OE to Agent), you
could export and import the server settings, but going to a different
newsreader, AFAIK, you need to start from scratch. The groups themselves
don't export nor import in any situation.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
I should have asked this question a couple of hours ago.
Alas, I outsmarted myself and messed up.

Later today, I'll be moving from dial-up to cable internet, yes,I finally
yelled Uncle!

Well, Comcast no longer has a news server, so I felt that the groups that
followed via my current ISP's news server, should now be followed at
news.motzarella.org.

So, I tried to be clever, and change the account to point to
news.motzarella.org. I immediately lost most of the subscriptions. Then I
fiddled a bit more and lost all the subscriptions.

I did do a backup last night, so tried restoring the drive on which I
thought the OE stuff lived. That did not do the job.
I could restore the OS drive as well, but that might modify changes I made
today.

I'll just have to look at a backup from a few daze ago to get a list of
the
subscriptions, and enter them manually.

What should I have done?
I still have another account to move to news.motzarella.org.

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.