Old April 30th 09, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
WhatsUp31415

Default Why OE does not use my specified fonts?

When I do Reply Group, OE seems to ignore my font selection.

How can I coerce OE to use my font selection?

My intent is to always use a non-proportional font, specifically Courier
New.

That works fine when I compose a new message.

But when I do Reply Group, I get a proportional font, presumably Arial.

This is true whether or not I select the Send option "Include message in
reply".

I have the following settings:

1. Read Fonts Fonts:

Western European
Proportion font: Courier New
Fixed-width font: Courier New
Font size: Medium
Encoding: Western European (Windows)
Default encoding: Western European
Pressed Set as Default

2. Send:

Uncheck "Reply to messags using the format in which they were sent"

3. Send Mail Sending Format
Send News Sendind Format:

Select Plain Text
Setting:
MIME with Encode: None
(Also tried Uuencode)

4. Compose:

Mail: 10pt Courier New
News: 10pt Courier New

I am using MS Win XP Pro 2002 SP3 with OE6 revision 6.00.2900.5512 (xpsp
080413-2105) with all patches through the end of March.