Old March 19th 09, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
NormanM

Default Unable to Send or Receive email

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:21:00 -0800, ATT new web site with wrote:

Since ATT switch to Yahoo base webmail. I am unable to send or receive email
using Outlook or Outlook Express. My original account was with Bellsouth. The
POP3 and SMTP has change to att.yahoo.com, and I continuously receive error
messages.
Has anyone encounter any Outlook-email problems with ATT Yahoo new web mail.

The actual error messages would be helpful. In full, verbatim, not abridged,
or edited, or abbreviated, or paraphrased.

In general, if you have migrated your accounts (a required first step toward
using the Yahoo! servers), you should be using:

Incoming email: pop.att.yahoo.com. Set the advanced properties to use port
995, and select SSL.

Outgoing email: smtp.att.yahoo.com. Set the advanced properties to use port
465, and select SSL.

Also select, "My server requires authentication". Your user name will be
your full email address. AT&T has a number of legacy email domains, and the
system has to distinguish between ,
, and .

--
Norman