Old February 11th 09, 02:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.clients,microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Default can public folder calendars be synchronized with user calendars?

Fritz Theiss wrote:
hi,

in my company we do use public folders heavily within exchange
2003/outlook 2003. for our team we share that way i.e. a public
folder (team) calendar, mostly containing absences of our team.

however other employees of our company are not aware, where to find
our team calendar. when checking, who is available, they do check the
user calendar of the members of our team. however these personal
calendars are not updated as the team calendar has been decided as
the way to go. beside of changing internal communication ;-), is
there any way to synchronize the team calendar with the userīs
calendar in order to avoid writing entries twice?

--
thanks in advance / danke im voraus, fritz

Hi - as you can see from the duplicate postings, the web interface to the
newsgroups is not great. Try using a news client, such as Forte Agent,
Thunderbird, or even Outlook Express, instead. It's a lot easier to do
nearly everything that way. You can mark messages to be watched, filter the
views so you can see replies to your posts easily, and search.

The Microsoft public news server is msnews.microsoft.com and you can
subscribe to as many groups as you like; no authentication is required.

The following is from a post by MVP Malke ...

Here's information on Usenet and using a newsreader:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlo...ssnewreader.htm
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...wto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting