Old January 21st 09, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Balcombe

Default Configuring outlook 2007

I like to keep most of my E mails in the inbox for about 12 months and then
archive and keep indefinitely. This works well for most of my E mail
accounts. The facility to search old E mails easily is particularly useful
in relation to my activity as a Councillor. However I have joined our local
recycling group and am finding myself overwhelmed by the volume of E mails
arising from this subscription. I only use the subscription occasionally but
on those occasions it is useful to shift surplus items and I would therefore
prefer not to unsubscribe. I have eased my problems by setting up a
subfolder labelled freecycle and using the rules wizard to sort recycling E
mails into it but even so this folder grows rapidly with E mails which do
not require keeping and have to be manually deleted. Is there anyway of
automatically flushing the recycling folder of E mails that are (say) 5 days
or more old whilst continuing my practice of retaining the remainder of my E
mails which are not in the folder indefinitely?

Peter