Old March 22nd 06, 07:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Cooler Dude

Default server probs

Chris wrote:
I have a wanadoo account and since last wednesday i try to view
news.wanadoo newsgroup i get a message saying server not found.
please can you help

You obviously didn't see the following message from Wanadoo, which was
posted in all their newsgroups on 17th February....

"Dear Wanadoo Newsgroups reader and user,

From 17th March, the way you read your Newsgroups will be changing.
We'll no
longer be able to provide a Usenet/Newsgroups feed.

Although we cannot ourselves recommend an alternative Usenet/Newsgroups
service, the following is a brief list of operators recommended by
newsgroup
viewers and contributors:

http://www.giganews.com

http://www.easynews.com

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/di...n&sel=33554433

(Google's Usenet archive and interface)

Thanks for your contributions to Usenet over the years - and sorry that
we
can't continue our service.

Yours,

The Wanadoo Support team"

There are a number of alternative news servers to choose from.
Personally I have found that nntp.aioe.org works for me. It's free and
is carrying all the Wanadoo and Freeserve groups that I subscribe to.