Old November 12th 08, 03:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Default Link To Outlook Address Book Slow

In versions earlier than Office 2007 that's the Outlook security warnings
and they will be there for any code run from Access. To learn more about
them and how to avoid them see
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=52.

A linked table will always be slower than object model access.

You can use object model code to populate your control but I don't know
whether that will speed up autocomplete.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"DEI" wrote in message
Greetings,

I would like the display names in an Outlook global address list to be
available in a combo box on a form in MS Access. I have created a linked
table to the
Outlook Global Address list in the database, and am referencing the table
in
the form, but it operates at an unacceptably slow speed. I can select the
names, but the autocomplete takes minutes find the name.

Is there some way of retrieving these values from the Outlook object model
programmatically so that it runs much faster? I would ultimately like for
the user to be able to select a name from the list.

Incidentally, I can retrive AddressEntries properties via the Outlook
Object
model, but I get the warning message each tim the code tried to retirve a
proprty (i.e. name, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

DEI