Old October 29th 08, 04:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Default Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

The message says:

Server Response: '550 must be authenticated'

In OE this is specified in Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties, Servers,
Outgoing Mail Server, My Server Requires Authentication.

"Marc" wrote in message
Hi, wonder if anyone can help me sort this one out...?;

I got the following message when trying to send an email from outlook
express;

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was (removed for
privacy, it doesn't matter what email address i try to send to, same
message comes up). Subject 'Read: Item number: 150305184567_proof copy
enclosed', Account: 'imap.1and1.co.uk', Server:
'auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 must be
authenticated', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error
Number: 0x800CCC79

thanks for any help

Marc