Old October 3rd 08, 09:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Default problems with outlook express

Funny thing is...

ACRIST IS NOT RUNNING MS OUTLOOK!!
--
~PAÞ

luke wrote:
Hi Acrista,
I had the smae problems and tried everyhting!
Finally cracked it this evening :O))))

Log onto windows update and check for service pack 3 for MS Outlook.
Install it and hey presto! Well for me at least.
Good luck

" wrote:

I have problems sending emails from outlook express, I always get the
following message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.com',
Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 185, Secure(SSL):
Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CC0E

Can someone please help me i have tried everything i can.