Old March 20th 06, 12:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Mary

Default OE Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Mr. Pickering, I have double checked the connection and all is
correct. I have run the modem troubleshooter and it reports that the
modem is functioning correctly. I am reluctant to tamper with the
Windows Firewall setting because of the security vulnerability issue; I
checked EZTrust's website and find nothing this problem; and it
seems to me unlikely that Outlook Express is damaged since the computer
is new (how could I tell if it were damaged?). Is it possible that
this problem could relate to my telephone line, i.e. static on the
line?

Thank you.