Old March 19th 06, 11:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

Default OE Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

See if the info at this link helps:

How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and
receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...14&Product=oex

--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

"Mary" wrote in message
ups.com...
Smart People:

I have a new Dell computer running Windows XP Media Center Edition
2002, SP2 and this is what's happening: I get online (I have a dial-up
connection) and get email and use the internet and all works fine,
sometimes. But quite frequently everything stalls. The monitor icon
in the system tray says I'm connected, but I can't get on the Internet
or receive/send email. In Outlook Express I get this message:

Server could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly... Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D.

I've searched this forum & others looking for solutions and have tried
shutting off my AV email scan (EZTrust) and that did not work. In fact
after turning off the AV email scan I got Socket Error: 10060, Error
Number 0x800CCC0E.

I have to disconnect (it takes about 20 seconds to disconnect after
this happens) and then reconnect and sometimes all works well for a
while (an hour or so) and sometimes it doesn't. This problem is
occurring daily.

Can someone help me solve this problem, it's driving me nuts and is
most annoying.

Thank you.