Old August 19th 08, 03:39 PM
beaureg beaureg is offline
Junior Member

Sorry for late reply, I was out of town
I have deleted all messages on the server, I feel there was a corrupted message in there that was causing the problems.
I have stopped scanning incoming emails and have started moving my incoming emails to a received box
Everything seems cool now

I connect to a pop3 account and the server is sympatico.ca which has some deal with microsoft, so to access my emails on the road, I have to go to hotmail.com
What are your thoughts on this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanguardLH[_2_] View Post
beaureg wrote:

'VanguardLH wrote:

beaureg wrote:
I have just installed Outlook 2002 on a new computer-
On a new computer running WHAT operating system?
Every time I hit the send/receive button, Outlook reloads all the
messages that are on the server, more than 1200 at this time
How do I fix that ?-
Did you alter the default behavior for the POP e-mail account defined
within it to enable the "leave messages on server" option?
Tried disabling the e-mail scanning feature in your antivirus software?

I am using Win XP with SP2
I have checked the box "leave messages on server" because I check my
emails from different computers
My AVG is set to scan incoming emails, I have had problem with infected
emails in the past and want my emails scanned before downloading them to
my computer

Scanning e-mails will give you no more protection than is afforded by
the on-access (realtime) scanner. E-mail scanning is superfluous and
redundant. The interrogation by the antivirus software will increase
delays in delivery (from e-mail client to server and visa versa). The
same on-access scanner is the one interrogating the e-mail traffic so
there is no "extra" protection afforded by e-mail scanning but the
interference by the antivirus program can (and will) cause problems.

The Inbox is not for storing messages. If you want to keep messages
around, create another folder, like "Received Items", and store them
there. You can end up with corruption due to the excessive reindexing
of records for the Inbox folder.

You never mentioned to what TYPE of account you are connecting (POP,
IMAP, HTTP, or Exchange). You never mentioned to WHOM you connect for
e-mail service. Not all e-mail providers are fully POP3 compliant
(Gmail being a prime example).