Old August 17th 08, 06:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default problems with outlook express

Your account settings are not correct. Your SMTP port should /not/ be 185.
Please review these links.

1: Enabling POP in your Gmail account:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=13273

2: Configuring your email client for Gmail: Outlook Express and Outlook
2002:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...276&topic=1556

Set up your Outlook Express client to work with Gmail:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=76147
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

wrote in message
I have problems sending emails from outlook express, I always get the
following message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.com',
Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 185, Secure(SSL):
Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CC0E

Can someone please help me i have tried everything i can.