Old July 25th 08, 01:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)[_337_]

Default Distribution List- Mail merge

No. You can merge data to the address field and the big white space, not
the subject field.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com

Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all Outlook
2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au

SOON!
launching in August 2008:
www.deskdoctors.com
www.executiveassistantsonline.com

..
"Rbirdie" wrote in message
Is there any way to put a "comment" in the subject line with either a mail
merge or a dist list that would be distinct to that one email address?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

You cannot insert a merge field in the Subject line.
You cannot use Distribution Lists for mail merges.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Rbirdie" wrote in message
I am trying to send out mass emails- with a mail merge in outlook. This
is
being done for the purpose of a survey. I need to put information the
subject
line that individually pertains to that email address. The software for
survey works to BCC each email address, (Easy Survey), I just dont know
how
to include any informaiton on the subject line. Is that possible?
Thanks.