Old July 17th 08, 01:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Default Macro to Run Rules

You haven't found anything, because that's not possible. Outlook 2007 is the
first version that provides a method to run rules programmatically.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart

"ausfilminstitute" wrote:

Hi There,

We use Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003.

I want to create a macro where a set of Rules are run. They need to be run
on a number of mailboxes. The user has two mailboxes "RSVP" and "Ticketing"
which are secondary to their primary mailbox "Event Assistant". There are 6
rules each for "RSVP" and "Ticketing". I have set the rules up, however when
I want to run each one, I have to select the folder to run it in for each
rule, which is always defaulted to the Inbox. This takes time, and I'd love
to create a macro that does it all in one go.

I haven't been able to find any code to write a macro which gives the
conditions for running rules, can someone please provide some guidance on
this.

Thanks!
Jane