Old July 3rd 08, 09:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ondine

Default IMAP messages mysteriously disappear when marking one as read inUnread folder

Another detail - if I wait long enough, Outlook will eventually manage
to sync the folders and my messages will reappear - but all the unread
items will be duplicated, the duplicate item will initially have a
size of 0kb, no attachments will be listed and my email address will
be in the 'To' field about 12 times! A short while later the folders
sync again and these duplicates disappear (but not before they have
all been copied by my Rule to another folder unfortunately). I reset
the Current View for my Inbox but it hasn't helped.

Ondine.