Old May 1st 08, 12:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

Default OUTLOOK EXPRESS GOING AWAY ???

Each email account will have an Inbox, Sent items, Deleted items, Drafts,
and Junk email folder.
WLM won't give you a choice, it will import all email and newsgroup
accounts.
I fairly sure that the newsgroup messages will not import.
OE user created folders will be placed under Storage folders.
I had to open Contacts and import addresses. Some addresses were duplicated
and some did not have a display name.
--
Ronald Sommer

"Larry" wrote in message
Michael, does WLM import OE6 folders, messages, address book, settings,
newsgroups etc directly and easily?

Larry

"Michael Santovec" wrote in message
There is no mail program with IE7.

Microsoft's new preferred free mail client is called Windows Live Mail
(WLM). It's available for XP SP2+ and Vista. It provides access to all
Hotmail accounts, as well as POP3, IMAP and NNTP.

Windows Live Mail Overview
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Outlook Express isn't dead, but it's on life support. Microsoft will
continue to provide security fixes as long as they do for XP. There
might be an occasional minor fix, but no further development is being
done on OE.

But as long as you are happy with the non-Hotmail parts of OE (POP3,
IMAP, NNTP, Address book) as they are now, those will all continue to
work indefinitely. None of it is dependent on what Microsoft does.

"Bubey" wrote in message
Thanks guys for the info. I read it on the net
after I got the info
that the grandfathered Hotmail accounts would have
to use Mail 7,
I think that's what they call it...the one that
comes with IE7. But
there was info that both Hotmail and OE was going
away. Makes
sense as Outlook is old too.

"Bubey" wrote in message
Since Outlook Express is going away (?) so I heard
can I get some recommendation for a new mail
program
that is similar? I have tried Outlook but it
doesn't give
the flexibility for multiple folders and with a
main folder.
Thanks !