Old April 16th 08, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
anonymous010

Default Configuring exchange for Outlook 2007

I'm waiting to hear back from him now. He's been moving people over to our
new exchange server one by one, so he's been unavailable for a day now. I
originally just tried to duplicate all the settings used on my office PC,
since it works there, but apparently that's not the way to go (I'm guessing
because my office PC is connected to the LAN and my home PC is not). Can you
explain what rpc is in the meantime? I don't recall seeing anything like
that when I was trying to set it up at home. Thanks.

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

did you confirm with your administrator that you are using the correct
settings for rpc over http / outlook anywhere settings?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"anonymous010" wrote in message
I can't help you, but I'm having the exact same problem as you and can't
figure out why it refuses to connect. My firewall is set to allow
Outlook,
my e-mail settings are valid, and when I use the https exchange site in IE
it
works just fine, so the exchange server is obviously available. Can
anybody
offer any suggestions?