Old February 11th 08, 04:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
John Kamps

Default Configuring exchange for Outlook 2007

Sorry to be a bother. I have been trying, off and on, for several weeks to
get my account working. I have downloaded and installed Outlook 2007 from
your website. I installed a POP 3 account to test Outlook, and it is working.

When I follow the instructions on your website using "Auto Account Setup", I
get stuck when I "click next to contact my e-mail server and configure my
internet service provider or Microsoft Exchange server account settings."

The utility does an "Online search for server settings". This search
results in an error: "An encrypted connection to your mail serer is not
available. Click Next to attempt using an unencrypted connection." Which I
do, resulting in the following: "Problem connecting to Server". I am
offered the choice of "retry" or checking the box "Manually configure server
settings".

I have tried numerous combinations of possible "Exchange Server" (mostly
EXVBE014-15.exch014.msoutlookonline.net)and "User Name". All of which result
in: "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchage is
unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

MS Exchange Server Name: EXVBE014-15.exch014.msoutlookonline.net
Server Domain Name: EXCH014
Server IP Address: 207.5.72.45

Can you provide any suggestions?

Kind regards,