Old January 25th 08, 02:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default Will not display contacts-won't display new contact-won't display imported address book-HELP!!

You probably have more than 999. The AB is fickle. If you do a search for
*.wab (hidden) you will probably find an AB with more than 999. You need to
delete them in these files.

IMHO, the Contacts pane was for easy access when instant messaging. When I
want to send an e-mail, I simply click on the To and add the messages from
that *version* of the AB. Saves on folder tree real estate as well.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Duncan Mullins" wrote in message
Hello -

Today the contacts in the Contacts pane disappeared. It just says "There
are no contacts to display". They are all still in my address book. Yes,
the little box to display contacts is checked. Also, if I enter a new
contact it still says "there are no contacts to display".

I created a new identity and tried to import my address book. The
addresses were displayed in the contact pane as they were importing, then
suddenly it said "There are no contacts to display" again while the import
function was STILL flying through the contact names. The import box
finished and said it was "successful". What in the world is happening??
I've heard about them disappearing if you have more than 999 contacts, but
I only have 968.

Any ideas out there?? Thank you for ANY help!